This page shares a list of different tools I came across and find them handy (or at least interesting). I hope you find them helpful as well.
As developers, we draw (doodle) quite often. It help us think through the design. And it has lots of fun ;)
- draw.io provides a very rich package for diagraming. Flow Chart, UML, ER Diagram, Wireframe, Azure & AWS components, etc.
- wireframe.cc, minimal wireframing tool.
- asciidraw and asciiflow are two funny tool to draw flow charts in ascii characters.
Keyboard Friendly Diagraming Tools
Developers tend to be efficient (lazy) individuals. If we can get stuff done by only keyboard, we don’t bother to use mouse at all. I started to use vim a while back and it was fantastic. So I started to collect and use keyboard friendly diagraming tools.
- nomnoml, very cool tool for UML-like diagrams.
- GraphViz in your browser, not bad at all.
- halfviz, syntax is similar to GraphViz, but cool rendering engine.
- web sequence diagrams, old good online sequence diagram tool.